ICI&SD DEPARTMENT LATEST UPDATED INITIATIVES
- Under Ease of Doing Business; following policies were made:
- Punjab Industrial Policy 2018 (notified and published)
- Punjab Industrial & Skills Strategy 2019 (notified)
- Land Lease Policy for developed & undeveloped land- in process
- Regulatory Guillotine; clubbing of taxes, minimal inspection regime - in process
- For ease of doing business Punjab business registration portal have been established and in future Punjab business registration portal will be extended across Punjab in all the districts, Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Industrial Estates and SEZ’s.
- Committed to improve ease of business activity of small retailers and shopkeepers, annual inspection fees from 100 grams to 20 KG on the small shopkeepers have been demolished so that shopkeepers can practice accurate and proper weight and measure. A rigorous inspection campaign for weight and measures all over Punjab has also started by DGIPWM.
- Forward‑looking government of Punjab has also been leading the way and looking forward to continuing to work closely with local and Chinese stakeholders in achieving our common goals and interests for the betterment of our people and the region. ICI&SDD have a long way to go as CPEC rolls out in Punjab while offering lucrative incentives to the foreign/Chinese investors.
- Major joint ventures in M3 Industrial Area generated Total FDI - $ 0.95 Billion. These joint venture includes: Deli JE Glass-ware Limited with
USD 200 million investment and it produced 1500 direct jobs; JW Foton - (JV between JW Group Pakistan and Foton China)
USD,150.Million created 300 direct jobs. Hayat Kimya a Turkish FMCG producer
USD,336 created 1500 direct jobs. Times Ceramics China
USD,50.Million created 710 direct jobs. Hyundai Nishat Motors Pvt. Ltd
USD,165.million and created 2263 direct jobs. Coca Cola Beverages Pakistan Ltd
USD,47.Million have created 205 direct jobs.
- Local and international investors have been engaged in a meaningful fashion; through identifying and developing research based investment pitch books
- SEZs are the anchors for attracting foreign and local investments. Punjab Govt approves seven new SEZ’s. Process for complete geo-tagging of SEZs and development of a live portal for investors to access land information in SEZs has been initiated. Special Economic Zones are being set up in the province and these will help to change the economic condition of the Punjab. Special incentives will be given to industrialist in the special economic zone and plots for setting up industrial units will also be given at subsidized rates.
- Punjab Industries (Control on establishment & enlargement of cement plants) procedure rules 2019 been issued to encourage construction sector. So far sixteen prospective industries have shown keen interest in this sector. Fourteen cases are under process with Mines & Mineral Department, EPD, LG&CD and irrigation department for NOC’s.
- Four technology universities have been established. Provision of funds, formulation of committees and Smooth functioning of have been ensured.
- Pakistan is thriving with young digitally conscious graduates who aspire to develop and grow. Punjab Tianjin University Lahore (PKR 3.074 Billion), Mir Chakkar Khan Rindh University of Technology DG Khan (PKR 2 billion) and Punjab University of Technology Rasool Mandi Bahauddin (PKR 2.165 Billion) are now fully functional. Govt. University of Technology, Rawalpindi (Act has been placed in Assembly) and is in process.
- All Technical Training Institutes are now under one umbrella
– TEVTA, PVTC & PSDF
- TVET & skills landscape has been redesigned including:
- Streamlining of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector,
- Establishment of Punjab Skills Development Authority PSDA
- Establishment of Punjab Skills Testing Agency PSTA
- Reforming of Punjab-Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority PTEVTA
- Introduction of Competence Based Training and Assessment CBTA
- Establishment of Punjab Skills Advisory Forum PSAF
- Implementation of E-Reforms in TVET sector
- In order to move towards value added exports and to encourage SME’s in Punjab, PSIC Small Industrial Estates Policy 2019 have been developed by PSIC. First time in PSIC a proper procedure to establish Small Industrial Estate (from initiation of proposal to completion of estate) has been framed in this policy. This policy will increase direct and indirect employment,
- Three Industrial Estates; Bahawalpur Industrial Estate, Rahim Yar Khan Industrial Estate and Vehari Industrial Estate are given status of SEZ on 19.9.2019.
- 250 MW of electricity for the the Industrial Estates of Punjab got approved from federal govt.
- Quaid-e-Azam Business Park comprised of 1,536 (Acres), will generate 250,000 employment opportunities. On the other hand, Bahawalpur Business Park comprised of 483 (Acres), will generate 50,000 employment opportunities.
- One Window Facilitation Center at Quaid-E-Azam Business Park have also been established for efficient and timely delivery of customer's requirements from land acquisition to the start of production
- ICI&SD Department Promoted self-employment, access to finance has been tweaked.
- A loan scheme of Nine thousand five hundred million named “Punjab Rozgar” for existing and new startups have been approved. Under this scheme 600 million have been allocated to the current financial year 2020. Under this scheme; a loan of Upto 50 lacs will be provided for the manufacturing, services and training sectors. Along with male and females, third gender will also be able to apply for the loan.
- To usher entrepreneurship, PSIC in collaboration with the Women Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Lahore Division; Women Resource Center and Incubators to Empower Women at the cost of Rs. 23.88. Million have been established. It will Provide a conducive working environment to the incubates to nurture their innovative ideas. Around 300 No. indirect jobs would be created which will eventually increase the female entrepreneurs' contribution to the economy.
- “Cluster Development Initiative (CDI)” in collaboration with United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is driving productivity & competitiveness of export oriented SME manufacturing clusters through building support infrastructure
- Two artisan Villages established in Shiekhupura & Taxila while Six new villages in the pipeline. Employment opportunities for about 200 handicrafts artisans have been created.
- Interest-Free Financial Assistance Scheme for Skilled, Semi-Skilled & Home Based Workers: Loan up to Rs. 300,000/-
- Upgradation of handicraft Development Centre Taunsa Sharif. PKR Five million have been allocated during current financial year 2020.
- “Hunarmand Naujawan Programme” is being launched and under this programme capacity of training will be enhanced in TEVTA institutions. Hunarmand Nojawan initiative for provision of teachers, equipment and revised curriculum with - PKR 1.5 Billion
- Qeemat Punjab App was launched during Ramadan 2019 to empower consumer in order to help them buy essential commodities on Govt fixed rates in Punjab. An online deliver via Qeemat Punjab app has also been Launched in Rawalpindi and Will be launched in Gujranwala, Lahore & Faisalabad districts by 15th Jan, 2020.
- ICI&SD Department has also started a full spectrum Qeemat Punjab App awareness campaign via Print, Electronic and social media.
- Expansion of Model Bazaars at District level where no such Bazaars exist. 32 Bazaars functional in 19 Districts; 17 Bazaars being established in remaining districts and Land identification in 95 remaining tehsils in progress.
- Establishment of Kisaan platform (free of cost, no fee, no stall rent, free electricity and allied facilities to the grower/farmer) throughout Punjab for provision of relief to the General public by eliminating the role of middleman. 32 in Model Bazars (21 districts), 50 Kisaan Platforms established in Fruit &Vegetable Markets.
- Existing Model Bazaars expanded as per following:
- Gujranwala (100 stalls established and allotted)
- Sargodha (50 stalls established and allotted)
- Hafizabad (40 stalls established and allotted)
- Sher Shah and Raiwind Bazaars expansion under process
- All stalls allotted through open balloting process in presence of all stall holders and representatives of district administration and Industries department
- Dedicated complaint desk established in Model Bazaars with clear defined SOPs to address the complaints of general public. And Model Bazaars will remain open seven days a week and necessary directions have been given to the administration. Central monitoring help line created to address complaints of consumers.
- Initiatives for Price Control in Punjab: Forecasting Committee constituted under the D.G. (PAMRA) & DG IPWM Committee meet regularly. All 140 Agriculture Produce Markets have been equipped with 1102 CCTV Cameras for local monitoring of Arrival of Vehicles in the Markets, presence of staff at the time of auction, ensure transparency in auction proceedings.
- Three-tier monitoring mechanism in place to report spot prices, Third Party Validation through Urban Unit Punjab, Special Branch and Joint teams of Industries Department
- Task Force on price control under Minister Industries meeting regularly to oversee price control measures in the province, display of standardized rate boards at retail outlets being ensured all over Punjab.
- 1274 Price magistrates across the province imparted training through 50 Master Trainers trained in MPDD; Price Magistrates inspecting Bazars and taking actions under Section 7 of The Price Control And Prevention Of Profiteering & Hoarding Act, 1977.
ICI&SD Department Way Forward.
- EXPO centre on the land of 50 acres will be established in Faisalabad. He said that Faisalabad is a big industrial city of the country and the establishment of EXPO centre is much needed. EXPO centre will provide the platform for the exhibition of the local production.
- Consultation process for promoting industrialization and to control the price hike will be continued.
- Summary to convert approx..19000 acres of barren land belonging to forest department in Layyah to convert it into an industrial estate in order to offer it to china on G2G basis for developing SEZ has been initiated. The project has been proposed to federal government to be incorporated into CPEC Industrial Cooperation.